2022 Fellow Applications – Become a Fellow of the ACS
As President of the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons (GSACS), I encourage you to take the next important step in your surgical career and apply to become a Fellow of the ACS (FACS). To apply for Fellowship, you must have:
- board certification by an American Surgical Specialty Board, which is a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties, or an American Osteopathic Surgical Specialty Board, or an appropriate specialty certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the respective state or province with no reportable action pending which could adversely affect the status of that licensure
- a minimum of one year in practice at one location and a current appointment on the surgical staff of a hospital
The deadline to apply for Fellowship in 2022 is: December 1, 2021.
The application is online, will repopulate with your profile information once you’ve logged in, and is free – if your dues are paid. Click here.
I would also like to encourage you to get involved with GSACS. Our chapter works closely with the ACS to offer:
- the opportunity to network with surgical peers locally
- participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels
- leadership roles
- attend educational meetings with CME opportunities…, to name just a few
If you have any questions about the benefits of Fellowship, or our chapter, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Howard Melton, MD, FACS