Call for Abstracts is OPEN!
The Program Committee of the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons (GSACS) is accepting abstracts for consideration for the resident paper competitions being held during the 2022 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2022, St. Simons Island, GA.
Don’t miss this opportunity to share your work, participate in a great program, and network with other residents and practicing surgeons from across the state.
You will be notified by email if your abstract is selected for inclusion in the resident paper competition by June 30, 2022.
- All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty residency training or fellows-in-training programs in Georgia.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in Georgia – with an interest in surgery.
- The entry should represent original work done by the authors.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on August 12-14, 2022, in St. Simons Island if his/her abstract is accepted.
- Submit abstract using the online submission form by June 15 at midnight EST
- Online submissions only.
- Upload graph or charts as directed on the abstract submission form.
- When you enter your abstract, you will be asked to complete these sections:
- Abstracts: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
- Case Reports: Introduction/Objective, Case Presentation, Discussion and Conclusion
- Trauma – Only submissions directly related to trauma surgery will be considered. Submissions related to acute care surgery and/or emergency general surgery should be submitted in the General/Specialty Surgery Competition. Only resident and fellows-in-training submissions are eligible to advance to the COT Region IV competition.
- General/Specialty Surgery – The topics have been expanded to include general and specialty surgery.