Call for Nominations GSACS Board of Directors
The Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons (GSACS) is seeking nominations for open positions on the Board of Directors:
- Vice President (2-year term)
- Secretary (3-year term)
- Treasurer (3-year term)
- Education Chair (3-year term)
- Surgical Quality Improvement Chair (3-year term)
- Legislative Chair (3-year term)
- Resident Representative (3-year term)
To serve, a candidate must be a member of the American College of Surgeons and the GSACS (Georgia’s ACS Chapter) in good standing. Responsibilities include:
- Attending at least two board meetings per year. Usually only one of these meetings is a face to face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
- Providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the chapter.
- Assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position.
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations.
To ensure the candidate has agreed to the position, self-nomination is required. Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest and description of qualifications to the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2022. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination but are not required.
Please join the leadership of the GSACS and its aim to improve the surgical care of patients in the state of Georgia.