Renew your ACS Resident membership before December 31
As the President of your local American College of Surgeons (ACS) chapter, I would like to encourage you to renew your ACS Resident membership before December 31 so that you do not lose your benefits in January 2018.
Membership in the ACS demonstrates a commitment to your professional growth and the growth of the surgical profession. Renewing your membership online is easy, and will allow uninterrupted access to ACS benefits such as:
- Discounts on education programs for board exam preparation
- Discounts on registration fees for Clinical Congress and other meetings
- Access to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS) and other publications
The annual dues for a Resident Member are only $20. A complete list of benefits can be found on the Benefits for Residents website. Please contact 1-800-293-4029 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about renewing your membership with the ACS.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons is your ACS home at the local level. Membership in the ACS is required for all chapter members. We offer our resident members an array of benefits including:
- Networking: Networking opportunities that enable members to build strong professional relationships with surgical peers
- Education: Convenient educational meetings with programming for resident members
- Advocacy: Opportunities to participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels that impact the practicing surgeon and patients
- Leadership opportunities: Leadership opportunities within the chapter council that can translate to future leadership roles within the College
- Mentoring: A forum to engage and learn from with experienced surgeons.
Renew your membership with ACS and then take steps to join our chapter today. Visit our website, www.georgiaacs.org for more information.
Thomas E. Reeve, III, MD, FACS
President of the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons