The American College of Surgeons (ACS) will offer a limited number of scholarships to Resident Members who are interested in attending the Leadership & Advocacy Summit 2018, May 19–22 in Washington, DC.
This scholarship award will cover up to $500 in housing and transportation costs and may be used to pay registration fees; however, it may not be used to cover food/beverage charges, as all meals are provided at the conference. You must be a U.S. Resident Member in good standing with the ACS to qualify for one of these scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded to a broad representation of all facets of ACS Resident Members. Special consideration will be given to first-time attendees, as well as candidates in the senior years of their residency programs. Scholarships will not be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Participate in one or two advocacy or ACS membership-focused conference calls or webinars within six months following the Summit.
- Stay for all programming May 20–21, with preference given to those residents planning to stay through Congressional Lobby Day May 22.
To apply, submit the following information to D’Arcey Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 23:
- Contact information (address, e-mail, phone, cell phone)
- Institution and year of residency
- A brief summary (no longer than one page) explaining why this opportunity interests you, what you hope to gain from it, and how you plan to use the knowledge you obtain
- Proposed travel dates
Scholarship winners will be announced on or before March 2 to provide ample time to register and make travel arrangements. For more information, visit the Summit website or contact D’Arcey Johnson at email@example.com or 202-337-2701.