I am writing to you as President of your local American College of Surgeons (ACS) chapter. Our records indicate that your membership in ACS will end in January 2018 unless you upgrade from a Resident Member to Associate Fellow by December 31. If you apply for Associate Fellow membership while still a Resident Member, your application is free, a savings of $75.
If you are continuing your training or are currently in a Fellowship program, please renew your resident membership online by December 31.
Membership in the ACS demonstrates a commitment to your professional growth and the growth of the surgical profession. As an Associate Fellow, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Ability to track your cases and outcomes, and meet a number of regulatory requirements using the ACS Surgeon-Specific Registry case log system
- Free subscriptions to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS) and other publications
- Attend Clinical Congress at a discounted rate
- Track and manage your CMEs online
- Utilize ACS educational programs and products including, Selected Readings in General Surgery (SRGS), and Surgical Education and Self-Assessment Program (SESAP®) at discounted rates
Please contact ACS at 1-800-293-4029 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about upgrading your membership.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons is your ACS home at the local level. Membership in the ACS is required for all chapter members, and as a chapter member we offer an array of benefits including:
- Networking opportunities that enable members to build strong professional relationships with surgical peers
- Continuing education: Convenient educational meetings and local CME
- Opportunities to participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels that impact the practicing surgeon and patients
- Leadership opportunities: Leadership opportunities within the chapter council that can translate to future leadership roles within the College
- Occasions to give back to the profession through volunteerism, both domestically and internationally
- A forum to engage and mentor your surgeons, trainees, and medical students.
Upgrade your membership with ACS and then take steps to join our chapter today. Visit our website, www.georgiaacs.org for more information.
Thomas E. Reeve, III, MD, FACS
President of the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons